Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This should be interesting......

If you follow me on facebook, you probably already know what I am about to say.... if you don't well here goes....

As a photographer... I push that ALL of my brides have a bridal portrait session separate from the wedding day. This is because it not only gives a bride timeless portraits... but it gives her an uplifting experience to feel and be captured feeling beautiful! Sure you can have a shot of you taken by yourself on your wedding day. That is... if we don't get to busy and forget. However, the wedding day is not the time for bridals. The wedding day is about the couple... I was one of those brides. I thought I would save some $$ and just get that shot of me on my wedding day. Well that never happened. In all the rush and craziness of having a large wedding party, and family portraits... it seemed the "bride" was forgotten. I never got that shot, nor can I get that opportunity back.

5 years have passed ...which brings me to today----

As I shoot all these beautiful brides, and study stunning portraits...I realize how much I HATE that I didn't get to experience that part of my bridal days.. and how I do not have super cool pics to hang in my house or put online.. And I desperately want that.. so I have decided to have a "day after " session... even though mine is "a 5 years after" session. Some may think its crazy... who cares. We celebrate birthdays every year.. why not celebrate the anniversary in a unique way. So I cant exactly fit into my wedding dress... ( such a shame I know) but my style has changed since then ... so I have picked a new dress... a much simpler dress...and I will soon embark on being a bride again... TO THE SAME HUSBAND... who has sweetly agreed to participate in this session with me.... Anyway... that's my new project.... and I hope it has inspired someone out there who might have felt crazy for thinking the same thing I have been thinking. But I am gonna have fun with it!

I will share pics of my process as soon as it happens!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I chose an engagement session over bridal portraits. I've never really regretted it, but it would have been nice to have more time for pictures with just me and the hubby all dressed to impress on our special day. I will have just delivered a baby around this year's anniversary, but I have talked to my husband about having a session done that's just for us one year. :)

    ReplyDelete